Perhaps we’ve been measuring bombshell social media clout all wrong. While Instagram queen Selena Gomez held onto her crown as the platform’s most followed face in 2016, there are a number of rookie stunners gaining momentum.Instagram recently unveiled a definitive list of the who’s who on the network, not measured by overall followers, but by who gained the most over the year. If there’s one common thread, it’s that being young, gorgeous and in possession of a killer bikini bod is the secret weapon to gaining Instagram capital fast.
2016 was as much of a banner year for the beautiful Hadid sisters as it was for reigning supermodels Gisele Bündchen and Cara Delevingne, who all made impressive #gainz.
Below, see who enticed the most new followers this year:
1. Gigi Hadid (@gigihadid) – 16,033,757
2. Cara Delevingne (@caradelevingne) – 14,333,714
3. Hailey Baldwin (@haileybaldwin) – 5,935,909
4. Bella Hadid (@bellahadid) – 5,849,699
5. Emily Ratajkowski (@emrata) – 5,685,483
6. Victoria Beckham (@victoriabeckham) – 5,173,409
7. Chrissy Teigen (@chrissyteigen) – 4,840,896
8. Gisele Bündchen (@gisele) – 3,880,496
9. Taylor Hill (@taylor_hill) – 3,624,222
10. Candice Swanepoel (@angelcandices) – 3,480,158