Here are nine interesting facts about Delhi Metro that will amaze you:
- The female voice of Delhi Metro, who speaks in English, is Ms. Rini Simon Khanna and male voice of Delhi Metro, who speaks in Hindi, is Mr. Shammi Narang
- The few of the famous movies ever to be shot in the Delhi metro are Bewafaa, Paa, Dev D, Love Aaj Kal and Delhi 6 too have scenes from Delhi metro
- The escalators at all the Delhi metro stations are provided with unique ‘sari guard‘ feature that sidetracks loose clothing such as saris of ladies from getting trapped in the escalator
- Most of the metro station in the blue line of Delhi metro is inducted into rain water harvesting as an environment measure taken up by DMRC
- The Delhi Metro Platform is constructed in such a way that blind people can easily walk on it without any ones assistance. The yellow tiles with horizontal lines serves as a path for the blind people and leads directly to the lift
- The one which people consider power cuts are attributed by DMRC as power shifts! The momentary power lapses which causes the lights and AC to go off at certain stations are actually ‘power shifts’
- A lot of metro stations provide bicycles on rent for as meagre as 10 rupees for 4 hours with a valid ID proof
- All stations have ramps built right at the entrance to help wheelchair-bound people to move around the station
- The Delhi Metro network consists of a total of 200 trains covering a total distance of 69,000 kilo meters every day.
So next time you travel, your journey will definitely be happier.