Android 5.1.1 Lollipop was spotted working on Sony Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact and Xperia Z3 Compact in an YouTube video.
This update is yet to be officially launched for the high end devices under Sony. The video showcases many notable changes which will be installed in these devices once the users updates them with the latest Android operating system.
Certification board PTCRB recently certified Android Lollipop 5.1.1 version to be released on the above mentioned
Sony devices, states GSM Arena. After the update, the following changes will be made to the smart devices:
1. The levels of volume will now be available using the volume rockers.
2. The size of the icons will now be modifiable in the Home Screen settings menu.
3. Theme and icon improvements will be exponential.
4. Bluetooth and Wi-Fi toggles will now be easy to manage from the short cut menu itself.
5. Alarm will now be added on the sound settings while pressing the volume rockers control.
Android Lollipop 5.1.1 will not be limited to the above mentioned devices, according to Digital Trends. It will soon be released for Sony Xperia Z2 tablet and Sony Xperia Z2 as well.
Other devices which are still waiting for the Android Lollipop 5.1 upgrade are Xperia Z, Xperia Z1, Xperia Z1 Compact, Xperia C3, Xperia ZR, Xperia Z Tablet, Xperia T2 Ultra, Xperia M2, and Xperia M2 Aqua.
The major changes which will be seen with the Android Lollipop 5.1 update will be better customization, new LinkedIn app integration, calendar app, camera improvements, business features enhancements and smart wear integration in the devices.